Sunday, January 1, 2012

CEDO 535 Entry Three

Finally we are looking at RSS Readers. This has been a topic I have been looking forward to for one simple reason, efficiency. Technology tools and resources can become overwhelming very quickly and getting new information about it can be difficult to do. There are so many blogs with so many great ideas that it is very hard to constantly read and stay updated on them and when people get overwhelmed they tend to shut down. Having a central location for all of the information and blogs that I like to read and have access to can potentially solve a lot of mine and other people's time issues.
To make it more complicated I like reading websites and blogs about a variety of topics from sports, to history, to current events, to technology, to education, and more. Like most I have favorite pages that I check often and also there are others that I like but lose track of. And in some cases I lose the valuable material I could use.
So off I go to create an RSS Reader. Although I do not necessarily expect it to solve all my time management issues it is my hope it can help make me more efficient as I will make an effort to read it as part of my morning routine every day.

1 comment:

  1. I also question whether I will stick to it when referring to checking the RSS Reader but this is something I really want to make work. I've started noticing the nice little orange symbol a lot more in my perusing the Internet, that's for sure. Zac had a good suggestion when he said to add the RSS Reader (Google Reader) to iGoogle and make it your home page.

    ReplyDelete