Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Final Post

Well, the nearly twenty month journey is now over. The 8:00-9:00 PM Thursday night time slot will now be opened up to high school basketball and Grey's Anatomy. While it has been a challenge to balance grad work with full time teaching, coaching two sports, and the numerous other things that life brings on, I have no regrets about taking on the program and the experience was a valuable one. My primary goal heading in was to enhance my knowledge and skills using technology in the classroom and I met that goal and went beyond that.

Professionally many of the tools and skills I have gained through the program have been invaluable. My teaching has been transformed as most of my lessons include some type of technology usage. Although some of this is used by me there is also a lot of opportunities for my students to use it as well. As I teacher I am starting to evolve into more of a facilitator of learning rather than a dispenser of content. I have also started to become more of a teacher leader in my building with technology.

Moving forward I am excited about the possibilities for me professionally. I expect that my teaching will continue to improve and my role as a technology teacher leader will grow as well. My goal is to start some online teaching in some form. Ultimately I would like to teach continuing education classes to teachers about using instructional technology and possibly set up some online classes for high school or college students.

No comments:

Post a Comment