Monday, March 14, 2011

My Computer History

I have had a fairly extensive history with computers. My family had a computer through most of my formative years. I still remember getting the internet in seventh grade and having a picture taken for the local newspaper of my family looking posing by the desktop. When I went to college my first laptop was a Dell. It lasted four-and-a-half years and then I got the laptop I have now (which is on its last legs). One of my favorite classes in high school was a computer science class that I remember very well.

Computers have had a huge impact on my life. I use them on a daily basis and feel somewhat lost when I do not have access to them (which I am not sure is a good or bad thing). A big part of my reason for taking this program is a passion for computer usage. There is a possibility that I may pursue a career in Instructional Technology at some point as well. I am in the process of shopping for a new one so I am excited for the possibilities as I am debating over several options.

2 comments:

  1. Josh-
    Personally I like Compaq, macs and HP computers. My Compaq computer lasted 4 years as well like your dell computer. What type of computer science class did you take? In high school I loved my java class, but I disliked programming. Funny and weird I know. lol! Good luck on shopping for a new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lost feeling while unplugged is scary. I feel like I am missing a limb for something as simple as when a mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel. When I'm separated from the Internet for prolonged periods of time, I feel out of the loop of IT development. I've never been a junkie, but the IT addiction is palpable.

    I've never been a big fan of laptops. They have always been too expensive for the slow hard drives, graphics and processors that get squeezed into a case that can't be upgraded easily. The potential for loss or damage as a main computer is also significant. I'm more of a fan of having a decent desktop and a cheap netbook or iPad for when I'm mobile. However it is nice to have all the choices and to each his own.

    ReplyDelete